I have been craving the Beach lately, craving the simplicity and warmth that the windows let in. This time around I am craving something more than I thought possible. I want to learn. Learning out at the Beach mostly means getting my Carhartts on and following dad around like an eager child. Asking questions about tools, why we do this but not that and how he keeps the hillside from sliding. I want to learn how to own this place.
This also means carefully looking at the hundreds of photographs that line the walls, making sure I know who is who. Learning how to make crab cakes and salmon in a way that would honor all of those who have done it before me. Learn how to mix the drinks and keep them flowing in such a way that any person would feel welcome.
So many memories to be created out there and so many that I have already stored in my heart; all of which help me get through the week, through December and January, through the times when I just need to get it done.
1 comment:
i love that you love the beach...and we need to repeat a little shindig out there...good food, good people, good beverage. ahhhhhh
Post a Comment