She is one of those that I can sob with and then laugh with in the same hour. She makes my soul grow and rest. She is a treasure.
Annika is an intern at The House in Chattagnoa TN this year. It has been an honor to get tidbits of her year there. She is giving the talk on Tuesday and mostly I desire for her peace in her words. As we talked today she told me about her talk, the ultimate goal and the underlinning message, I was filled with a sense of joy and pride for my friend.
Annika, your name is actually captivating and passionately loved. We call you Annika but I know the Lord has beautiful names written on your heart, a true identity that is beyond beauty, that takes the whole view into consideration.
You are loved and cherished. I wish I could be there to listen to you talk and give you a hug afterwards.
Here are some of my thoughts on the text, not 100% sure it is what you are covering but the text is powerful and thank you for asking wanting to know what my thoughts were.
Jesus told Peter what he is. "You are Peter". Can you imagine how massively your life would change if you heard Christ say "you are Annika." Listen for it, he says it every day, every minute.
Once Jesus says who Peter is, he revealed the plan. Your identity comes first and then the plan. I am such a planner, I want to know everything about the day before it begins but Jesus desires for us to know who we are before we go anywhere.
Peter= build, solid, rock, Church. What words does God use when describing what he will do with you? What words would scare you and what words would you hold onto too tightly?
So once Jesus gives identity he gives out a plan, and that is to go to the cross. Peter's reaction is denial, "Never, Lord!" The psychology side of me kicks in here, denial is the first sign of grief, Peter begins to grieve, he knows what he is loosing. Peter's identity is built and destroyed within a matter or words. Christ tells him who he is but does then goes to tell him the one that created that identity will be destroyed. But wait there is hope! Christ will rise again, death does not destroy. We must remember that the identity Christ gives in us cannot be destroyed, even by death.
Thanks for caring what I think. I love you .
1 comment:
Lauren- You are an incredible friend, dear to my heart. Your joy, faith and love have been monumental when times where hard. I'm thankful knowing you're always there, always encouraging and always striving to grow. I love you too! (and thanks for your thoughts!)
Post a Comment