July 10, 2010

landscapes



I wonder if life is just one long road trip. You can take in the landscape, let it go by in one continuous motion and hope the light, beauty and essence soaks into the deep pores of your being. But there is something in me that requires me to capture life- either through words, pictures or conversations. It is the act of capturing that breaks up the panoramic landscape and requires context for the picture before and after. An event is remembered by knowing who you were before and after. What happens in the middle frame simply becomes the transition point, anchoring the context of life.

There are moments where I allow myself to roll down the window, stick my feet out into the breeze and let the world fly by. But I have never regretted taking out my camera, my soul or desire to know and be known in order to freeze the moments that make everything before and after coherent.

No comments: